Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

So a lot of us need to take care of ourselves more. I'm going to start doing this. There are a couple things that I've decided, yes on a whim, but they're good things. Activities that will help me think and be productive.

  • Read more. Sounds simple right? Well for me not so much. I greatly enjoy reading but since college I've found it increasingly difficult to just finish books. I have about 20 books that I'm halfway through. It's time to finish them. I did recently finish Macbeth though!
    Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creeps in this petty pace from day to day, to the last syllable of recorded time, and all of our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. - Macbeth Act 5 Scene 5
    Currently I'm reading The Sound and the Fury and man is this thing a beast, but I'm digging the challenge. It's not a beast in size but in concept for sure.
  • Running. A month or so ago I decided to run more, well again this takes discipline. It was good for the first month and now it's tapered off. Gonna get my crap together.
  • Writing. I have never been big on writing. Probably the reason why this blog is mostly content. But 750words.com makes a good case for me to get all my thoughts out. Although I plan on doing 750 words a day on that site, I would also like to be more productive on this blog.
  • Personal projects. Seriously need to devote some time to this.

It feels like 80 degrees inside. My pits are sweaty and I'm optimistic.

Oh and Moby's new album is pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment