Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Top Albums of 2010

Here is a list of my favorite releases of last year. They're in alphabetical order. Enjoy and if I've forgotten any or if you think these albums are duds then leave a comment.

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs: A great follow up album to Neon Bible.


Caribou - Swim: Not sure what genre of music Caribou is but this set of songs is solid.


Drake - Thank Me Later: Poppy rap/hip-hop but executed well.


Jonsi - Go: Jonsi, the frontman from Sigur Ros nails his solo album.


Kanye - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy: A decent rap album form Kanye again.


M.I.A. - Maya: Her sophomore album is good. Check out Space.


The National - High Violet: This album and Jonsi - Go were probably listened to the most. The National was my best discovery of last year. Good from start to finish.


Peter Gabriel - Scratch My Back: Dig this album, pretty soft spoken but consistent.


Two Door Cinema Club - Tourist History: My favorite pop-rock album of the year.


Vampire Weekend - Contra: Again I'm not sure how to classify it but an excellent album by Vampire Weekend.


The White Stripes - Under Great White Nothern Lights: Best live album of the year. Pure rock. I'm so sad that I won't be able to see them live now.

No comments:

Post a Comment